Saturday, December 7, 2013

Derpy's Scrapbook: Reviews! #2.5: Snuggle Bubble Muffin by Sajira / We Love Fine (Flocked Edition)

This will be my second (and a half) edition of 

Derpy's Scrapbook: Reviews! 

All of my items feature Derpy in some way, but occasionally I will do a random pony that I was really interested in. I wanted to review this version for people who were thinking about double dipping like me.

This special "and a half" edition is more like a mini review since I've technically already reviewed this figure. Please read that link if you want more information on the detail of the figure. With this review I just want to talk here about some of the changes and share some pictures with you all for those on the fence about her.

My scoring system is based on Muffins, 1 being the lowest, and 5 being the highest. I look at Packaging, Detail, Quality, Fun, and Rarity.


 Above is a comparison of both figures. Flocked version is on the right. Some of you may be wondering what "flocked" is. Well, it's just a light "peach fuzz" affect. Some older G1s had this kind of design. The muffin and black stand are not flocked in either version.




As you can see in the above shots, she's really cute from all angles and the same exact mold as the regular figure. The fuzz coats nicely, but I did notice a few imperfections with mine:




 This figure also includes a card that identifies the print and  how many were made. This one is purple. I was happy this time because my card didn't have any dents. One thing you need to consider when having this figure displayed is that there is no box and leaving it in the plastic is fairly difficult since her stand arrives detatched. I use a plain plastic doll collector's case. It only takes the smaller, cheaper size, so it's truly a small investment for a figure like this that would probably collect dust like crazy over time.

I find that this figure isn't as rare as it's original counterpart, but shares the same love and attention to detail of the original. I think she's more fun because the fuzz really brings her to life in a way, especially for a special somepony that doesn't have an official plushie counterpart.

I think many were already frustrated with the re-release of the con exclusive, and this just made the rarity of the original fall even more. Also, they released this one only a day or so after the second run was out of print, and I think almost everyone would've just preferred they released this one from the get-go. WeLoveFine's practices tend to anger people, but I don't mind them. At least I'm able to collect what I want, unlike Enterplay. They're con exclusives are so rare and so limited when they offer them to fans that no one can really get anything. I am very grateful for this edition.

Overall, I guess I'll give her...

Score: 4.5 out of 5 Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment