Saturday, May 24, 2014

Merchandise Hunt

Just wanted to share my local hunt for the two newest Derpy items: the Uncommon from the Canterlot Nights expansion and the 3-Pack Soaring Pegasus set.

Also, coming soon is an interview with a "local" sculptor (local = MLP Arena) who made a fantastic Derpy sculpture a few weeks back. Also, I noticed there's a sculptor out there known specifically for her Derpy works and I'd like to get that interview as well for you guys.

How much luck have you all had lately tracking down Derpy merchandise? (Or Canterlot Nights?) Comment or Tweet #derpyscrapbook!

Read my adventure under the tab:




I'm sure some of you have niether of these, but they should be all over Walmarts soon. As of this writing, CN (Canterlot Nights) has only been out 48 hours.

I did manage to snag some packs yesterday at my closest Walmart:
However, going back today and after checking 3 other Walmarts in my area they were nowhere to be found and said Walmart was SOLD OUT.

Aside appearing as a card, Derpy also appears on the packaging for the booster box, cardboard sleeve, and foil packaging:

Now, let me move onto the Soaring Pegasus 3-Pack. It's only just now arriving in stores, namely, again, Walmart. I hate Walmart, but at least it's better than Hot Topic... Anyway, I did manage to find one locally, but the section had been wiped out and the paint job was worse on the actual product than BOTH of my prototypes! I wasn't going to pay $15 that I thought they were charging (Actual Price: $9.98... but still) I know the quality control isn't perfect, but I'd rather stick it out for something I'm leaving mint in package. :)


 Also, if you get the opposite set that Soaring Pegasus is shipped with, this appears on the package:







 She's still only "Muffin" but I can confirm the packaging and figure are accurate!


No comments:

Post a Comment