Sunday, May 11, 2014

Canterlot Nights New Derpy Card; 4DE, SDCC 2014 Possibilities

Hey all!
I hope you all enjoyed the finale of Season 4. Poor Derpy getting her power taken away! :( Were you all as sad as I was?! (Off topic, but I enjoyed the G1 throwbacks which makes the Rainbow Power thing at least TOLERABLE. I am not a fan of Equestria Girls, so I can't speak for my thoughts on the new movie or spin off series... but trust me, there will be Derpy in the background and I'll be there to talk about it!)
Anyway, there's been a lot of stuff going on in the Ponyverse, so I wanted to discuss some possibilities of more Derpy merchandise to come in the Summer and more likely, Fall.
Canterlot Nights, the second expansion for the TCG, is coming out this weekend. Some people are already obtaining promo items, but as of yet I see no Derpy. There is a partial card list, but I haven't made my way through the availible pictures for any sightings or references. Will update when I do, though! Thanks to a user on the TCG Facebook group, I was informed of this Event Card:
Credit: William Elias

Anything I can do to help?
Uncommon
#100, 4 Power
Cost 3 Yellow, 2 any Color
Effect: Put an opponent's friend or resource into an opponent's hand.

Also, most of you know that SDCC 2014 is around the corner. Hasbro is always late announcing their exclusives. Some of you know I'm a lover of Bon Bon and her Funko Glitter was just confirmed. There is pretty much confirmation of more than one pony being the exclusive this year.
A lot of you seem to think there may be an Equestria Girls / Pony combo. Some have speculated that this will be our favorite muffin pony, but I find that a bit unlikely. She has already had a standard brushable release, so it seems a bit redundant. Maybe if it was just the doll, but I dislike Derpy exclusives because they are difficult to get a hold of (although I've had good luck by being vigilant, outside prototypes). Also, this would be more bad fanservice to the loyal G1 fans, who collect the toys for PONIES, not a poorly executed doll line. (Yes, EGD are more horrible than the movies, in my opinion... They usually aren't even posable!) I could also go into a tirade about many disappointments with the brushables as a line, but that isn't what this blog is about. We're talking Derpy here. Do you think she will be an exclusive AGAIN?
Finally, I want to discuss 4DE. Some of you may have snagged the Derpy Funrise plush over the Easter holiday. This was distributed in Walmart in a completely uncensored format! As I stated back in December, Derpy is coming back strong in the show and toy line! With the recent announcement of fan favorites Dr. Hooves (Whooves?) and Luna (Moonbutt), surely a Derpy 4DE is on the way.
In fact, some speculate that the amazing bootleg plushes found on Ebay in droves (which I do have the Derpy of and am DYING to get Shining Armor), may be based on prototypes for the 4DE line of plush.
I am sorry about the delay for my video review debut (wow) but I am having severe problems finding a proper video editor / uploader for my Youtube channel that's free, because Movie Maker takes forever and crashes all the time. I may just try to upload straight from my phone, because I did get the #i9 dogtag/binder from Enterplay and would love to review it alongside the tunnel earrings. If that doesn't work out, there will always be my written reviews.
Til next time everymuffin!
Stay Derpy

No comments:

Post a Comment